CALL FOR SCORES
WHY DOES DELIRIUM MUSICUM CALL FOR SCORES?
We believe music is ever-evolving and reflects its time
We are inspired by creativity and we want to encourage it
New music keeps Classical Music alive and ongoing
It is the sound of our society
It makes us think and pushes the boundaries
It makes us emote and engage with one another
It inspires and brings us together
And for the millions of other reasons that make music of all kinds absolutely essential to all of us
But foremost, because we want to hear your voice and give it a mic...
- Open to composers of any age and nationality.
- Pieces must not have received a West Coast premiere at the time of the performance by Delirium Musicum. World premieres are highly encouraged.
- The instrumentation should be close to the standard roster of Delirium Musicum: 6 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, double bass, keyboard (harpsichord, synthetizer, etc). Quartets and quintets are welcome, but may be augmented by doubled parts.
- Concerti and works that feature string soloist(s) are acceptable.
- Submissions should be under 10 minutes in length.
- Submissions are due October 15th, 2018.
- Winners' piece(s) will be performed at one of Delirium Musicum's concerts during the 2018-2019 season.
- Winners who wish to attend the concert in Los Angeles will receive a travel stipend up to $350 for domestic and $500 for international travel.
- Lodging will be provided in Los Angeles from at least one rehearsal before the concert until one night after the concert.
- A professional video recording of the concert will be made for the use of the winners.
- Winners will be featured on the website and social media of Delirium Musicum.
- Delirium Musicum can use the video recording made by the ensemble for promotional purposes.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicant must send their material by email to Delirium Musicum
- Submitted material must include:
• Contact information, including address, phone and email.
• A bio
• A score in PDF format of the submitted piece(s)
• Recordings of submissions (video, audio or MIDI) are strongly encouraged. In the case of videos and large audio files, please provide an unlisted Youtube link.
• Performance history of submitted piece: date(s) performed, location and ensemble name.
- Application Fee is $25 for each submitted piece. A link to pay the fee will be sent upon receipt of the application email. The application is NOT valid until all materials are received and the application fee is paid.
For questions related to the application process, please use the contact form to get in touch with Delirium Musicum.